Former general counsel to medical centers in New York and New Jersey, Margaret J. Davino is an experienced and effective health care attorney who handles a broad spectrum of health care matters, including transactional, compliance, contractual, corporate, regulatory, governance, managed care/payer (including value-based arrangements) and risk management issues.
Her clients include hospitals, physicians and physician groups, startup companies, FQHCs, home care agencies, pharmacies, laboratories, agencies for the developmentally disabled, care management companies, billing companies, nonprofit companies, health care IT vendors and a variety of other providers and entities in the health care space.
She handles joint ventures, sales and acquisitions of practices and companies; formation of new entities and practices; structuring arrangements and relationships between health care entities; DSRIP/PPS issues; bylaws and governance matters; physician-hospital contracts; affiliation and/or service contracts; employment agreements; managed care issues; IT contracts and issues; regulatory compliance; HIPAA; medical staff affairs; captive PCs and faculty practices; separation agreements; ambulatory surgery center joint ventures; and physician disciplinary matters.
She has served as health care counsel in hospital bankruptcies and structured various management agreement arrangements between entities. She also provides advice in such areas as consent and confidentiality and frequently conducts corporate investigations and assists with internal compliance programs. She has also been involved with various long-term care issues and arrangements.
Prior to joining the firm, Margaret was a partner in the New York office of a national law firm. She also previously served as general counsel of St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center of New York and as general counsel of St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Paterson, NJ, for more than a decade together.
- Vanderbilt University Law School(J.D.)
- University of Michigan (B.S.N.)
- Seton Hall University (M.B.A.)
- Past Chair, Health Law Section of the NY State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association, Health & Hospital Law Section, Board Member
- Chair, Providers and In-House Counsel Committee, NY State Bar Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
BOARD OF DIRECTORS :
- Saving Mothers (organization dedicated to eradicating preventable maternal deaths and birth-related complications in developing countries)
- Lifespire, Board of Trustees (organization for the developmentally disabled)
- SFDS, Board of Trustees (low-income housing development organization)
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
Rate : $$$