Margaret Villella has more than 25 years of civil litigation and appellate experience. She helps her clients resolve legal disputes and minimize risk and exposure in a wide range of business, construction and real estate matters. Her practice focuses on the defense of clients in the real estate industry, including contractors, engineers and developers, as well as cases related to employment law, condominium law and business issues.
She is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Condominium and Planned Development Law. Margaret’s practice focuses on general civil litigation, including:
- Real estate matters, including title defect, International Land Sales Act, zoning and government takings.
- Business and commercial matters, including shareholder disputes and business torts.
- Construction defense, including defense of architects, contractors and engineers, ADA compliance and owner representation in insurance matters.
- Condominium law, including developer representation in defect claims, as well as general Association representation.
- Employment law, including defense of claims of discrimination, enforcement of non-competes and defense of state and federal wage matters.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Florida State University, B.S., 1985, Finance
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar: Member, Rules of Civil Procedure Committee
- Broward County Bar Association
Rate : $$$