Margaret “Maggie” Fitzsimmons is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Medical Malpractice Department. Ms. Fitzsimmons’ practice also involves the representation of professionals including architects, engineers, and attorneys.
She also has actively represented clients in general liability matters, class action litigation, and products liability cases. After admission to the Illinois Bar, Ms. Fitzsimmons has spent her career trying complex and significant matters to verdict in Illinois as well as many other states, both in the State Court and the Federal Court.
Mr. Fitzsimmons has tried a significant number of cases to verdict involving multi-million dollar exposures. Her practice areas and trial experience include medical malpractice, professional liability, general liability, construction matters, amusement claims, products liability, and employment matters.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- DePaul University, Bachelor of Arts in English and Dramaturgy, cum laude
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- State Supreme Courts, Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Other Admissions
- Trial Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) – Member 2018-present
- American Bar Association
Representative Cases :
- An emergency-room physician who allegedly failed to diagnose an atypical aortic dissection
- Defense of a man accused by his ex-wife of sexual assault, sexual slavery, and misconduct relating to their marriage
- National representation of a South Korean medical device manufacturer sued in multiple jurisdictions throughout the country
- Representation of an engineering firm sued in over a dozen wrongful death cases involving allegations relating to contaminated drinking water
- Representation of an architectural firm accused of defective design of a major roadway.
Rate : $$$$