Margaret Horn represents and counsels pharmaceutical and medical device clients in a variety of areas. She is involved in all stages of mass tort product liability litigation, from case filing to trial. She also represents clients under investigation by state and federal governments and defends clients subject to civil enforcement proceedings.
Margaret counsels clients on regulatory matters in the areas of prescription drug labeling, medical device labeling, adverse event reporting and product recalls. In addition, Margaret has counseled food, drug and cosmetic clients on regulatory issues such as labeling, marketing and advertising.
Representative experiences include:
- Representing a medical device manufacturer in high-profile mass tort litigation in federal multidistrict litigation and state consolidated cases;
- Representing a pharmaceutical company during the preparation and transfer of a case to the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation;
- Representing a pharmaceutical company under investigation by the federal government and state attorneys general for allegations under the False Claims Act and state consumer protection laws;
- Serving as counsel for a medical device manufacturer in connection with the defense against and eventual settlement of False Claims Act allegations;
- Serving as counsel for a government contractor in connection with the defense of a qui tam matter and investigation by the federal government;
- Counseling a pharmaceutical company on compliance with regulatory requirements for proposed marketing materials; and
- Conducting early case assessments for a pharmaceutical company in product liability litigation.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Margaret served as a legislative aid for Senator Herb Kohl and the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights.
Margaret also served as an honors paralegal at the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection where she worked on complex litigation in the agency’s Enforcement Division.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2011
- B.A., Vassar College, 2005
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Distance Learning Committee, Vice Chair (2012-2014)
- American Health Law Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division Fraud Section
- Securities and Exchange Commission’s Enforcement Division
Rate : $$$