Margaret G. Parker-Yavuz represents institutional investors, including insurance companies and other lenders, in a variety of U.S. and cross-border secured and unsecured debt financing transactions across multiple industries, with a focus on private placements.
- Has particular experience with insurance companies.
- Represents institutional investors in domestic and cross-border transactions, with a focus on private placements.
- New Money Debt Financings:
- Served as counsel to a U.S. insurance company in a private secured shelf facility for a U.K. housing association.
- Advised institutional investors in a $450 million private placement of senior unsecured notes by a subsidiary of a real estate investment trust.
- Represented a U.S. insurance company in a direct private placement of £100 million of senior guaranteed notes issued by an English real estate investment trust.
- Counseled a U.S. insurance company in the purchase of notes issued by a Luxembourg real estate investment company under its Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
- Assisted a U.S. insurance company in direct “one-stop” financing of a U.K. print services provider, including the issuance of floating rate senior secured term notes, senior subordinated secured term notes and ordinary shares.
- Represented a U.S. insurance company in a direct private placement of €50 million of senior secured notes issued by Gnutti Carlo S.p.A., an Italian developer and supplier of valve train and fuel injection components for engines.
- Counsel to a U.S. insurance company in a direct private placement of $150 million in senior unsecured notes to a Mexican industrial conglomerate.
- Workouts and Restructurings:
- Advised institutional investors in an out-of-court restructuring of $787 million and £102.5 million in senior unsecured private placement notes issued by a Dutch geotechnical, survey, subsea and geoscience services company.
- Assisted institutional investors in the out-of-court restructuring of $150 million in senior private placement notes issued by a U.S. potash mining company, including the granting of security interests and the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with the issuer’s other primary lender.
- Represented institutional investors in an out-of-court restructuring of $1 billion private placement financing for a subsidiary of a natural resource company that owns and manages oil and gas, coal, aggregates and industrial minerals properties, including the granting of security and the negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with the issuer’s other primary lenders.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2003
- A.B., Brown University, 1999
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$