Margaret Cohen focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public and private debt and equity financings, commercial contracts and other corporate and securities law matters. Before joining the firm in 1998, Ms. Cohen worked as deputy director, international markets, at the Ontario Securities Commission and in private practice in Canada.
During her time at the Ontario Securities Commission, she worked on the development of the U.S./Canadian Multijurisdictional Disclosure System. Ms. Cohen is a member of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable.
Ms. Cohen has been selected as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and listed in Best Lawyers in America for 2016.
- LL.B., Queen’s University, 1984
- B.S., Acadia University, 1981
Admissions : Massachusetts
Some matters Ms. Cohen has handled include the representation of:
- Select Income REIT in its $3 billion acquisition of Cole Corporate Income Trust, Inc. and related financing, which included a $1.45 billion registered offering of senior unsecured notes; and in its $200 million initial public offering;
- CommonWealth REIT in its response to the unsolicited offer and subsequent consent solicitation by Related Fund Management, LLC and Corvex Management LP;
- Sonesta Acquisition Corp. in its $115 million acquisition of Sonesta International Hotels Corporation;
- Textron Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of United Industrial Corporation, its $600 million sale of its fluid and power transmission businesses and its $630 million sale of its fastening systems business;
- United Group Limited in its $400 million acquisition of UNICCO Service Company;
- EMC Corporation in its $3.5 billion private offering of convertible notes;
Rate : $$$