Margaret Rosegay is a leading environmental lawyer with nearly four decades of experience addressing solid and hazardous waste regulations and water quality issues.
Meg advises on state and federal environmental regulations and compliance; provides guidance on upstream oil and gas exploration, refining and production issues; handles RCRA corrective actions, NPDES permitting and Clean Water Act matters; and conducts environmental impact analysis.
Advising on environmental aspects of transactions, Meg oversees due diligence and drafts and negotiates environmental disclosures, representations and warranties. She also provides project planning counsel. A registered California lobbyist, Meg helps shape environmental laws and policies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for an environmental services company in a federal EPA administrative enforcement action regarding implementation of an RCRA land disposal restrictions program.
- Defended an oil and gas industry trade association in litigation brought by NGOs challenging ongoing production operations, including underground injection, hydraulic fracturing and well permitting.
- Represented an electrical generating entity in a multi-year process to decommission and remove a natural gas-fired power plant; work encompassed interpretation of contracts and all other environmental aspects of project.
- Resolution of significant contractual dispute relating to allocation of environmental liabilities associated with the sale of a petroleum refinery
- Representation of major real estate developer in connection with former industrial complex undergoing “brownfields” redevelopment
- Successful mediation and consummation of a cash-out settlement agreement in connection with one of the operable units within the San Gabriel Valley Superfund Site
- American Bar Association (Natural Resources section)
- Air and Waste Management Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- J.D., University of Colorado, School of Law, 1980
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1972
ADMISSIONS : California
CLERKSHIPS : Clerk, Colorado Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$