Margaret Rosenthal is the coordinator for the Los Angeles employment and labor group and co-chair of the firm’s Employment Class Action Team. Margaret focuses her practice on the defense of class actions; California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) cases; and litigation of employment claims, including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, CAL/OSHA citations, trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition.
Margaret also counsels employers in all aspects of employment issues, and negotiates and drafts employment, confidentiality and severance agreements, including during the course of mergers and acquisitions. Because of this expansive experience, Margaret provides practical, business-oriented advice to clients to develop solutions to their problems.
- Successfully represented clients in defense of putative class action cases including achieving denial of class certification and grant of motion for summary judgment on behalf of a hospitality client with regard to novel legal issues related to overtime pay and obtaining dismissal with prejudice of action upon 12(b)(6) motion on behalf of a staffing agency in action involving commissions.
- Has extensive motion practice experience, including achieving dismissals upon motions and summary judgment for a variety of clients including a grocery chain.
- Served as a member of a team that successfully opposed a union organizing drive, while advising a water production client on employment issues during the drive.
- “Guide to Preventing Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace and Other Employment Law Issues,” Bakersfield, California (May 2014)
- Constitutional Rights Foundation 36th Annual Los Angeles County Mock Trial Competition.
- Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors (2008 to 2013)
- Hollywood/Los Angeles Beautification Team: Board of Directors (2000 to 2008)
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1979, with high honors
- B.A., The City University of New York, Queens College, 1977, with honors
- California, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1985
- Illinois, 1979
Rate : $$$$