Margaret Gallagher Thompson is the vice chair of the Private Client Services Practice Group. Margaret provides tax and estate planning advice to high net worth individuals and counsels family-owned businesses regarding the development and implementation of business succession plans.
Margaret also advises clients in matters involving litigation in the Orphans’ Court. Margaret is a member of the American, Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia Bar Associations. She is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. Margaret is past chair of the Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court Procedural Rules Committee.
She is also past chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Probate and Trust Law Section and the Section’s Rules and Practice Committee. Margaret has served on the board of directors of the Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania, and provides pro bono legal services through Philadelphia VIP and the Homeless Advocacy Project.
Margaret received her Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, from Pennsylvania State University, and her Master of Arts, magna cum laude, from Ohio State University.
In 1989, she graduated, magna cum laude,from Temple University Beasley School of Law, where she served as executive editor of the Temple Law Review. Following law school, Margaret clerked for Hon. Anthony J. Scirica, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Ohio State University–Columbus, M.A., 1979
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1974
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Court Of Common Pleas – Bucks County
- Court Of Common Pleas – Chester County
- Court Of Common Pleas – Delaware County
- Court Of Common Pleas – Philadelphia County
- Court Of Common Pleas- Montgomery County
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Rate : $$$