As a member of the firm’s retail and consumer products litigation group, María Castellanos focuses on complex commercial litigation, handling business torts, breach of contract claims, statutory fraud claims, claims for breach of fiduciary duty, and other statutory and common law claims pertaining to financial institutions.
María’s experience also includes managing discovery and motion practice in connection with arbitration proceedings before the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association. In addition, María maintains an active pro bono practice.
Before joining the firm, María served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jay García-Gregory at the US District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. While in law school, María worked as a student attorney for the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic, where she successfully represented clients in their asylum and special visa petitions.
María is admitted to practice before the US District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the US Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2014
- BA, Linguistics, Yale University, cum laude, with distinction in the major, 2009
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$$