Maria J. DiConza represents debtors, creditors, purchasers, lenders, and other parties-in-interest in Chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings, and bankruptcy litigation. Over the course of more than 20 years in practice, Maria’s experience spans various industries including health care, manufacturing, energy, financial services, and for-profit education. Prior to joining O’Melveny, Maria was a shareholder at another major law firm.
- Complex Financial Restructurings:
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority and Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority in debt restructuring under PROMESA.
- City of Hartford, Connecticut, as restructuring counsel.
- Consol Energy, Inc. in US$3.5 billion sale of its subsidiary that owned and operated five thermal coal mines to a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp.
- Debtor Representations:
- Optima Specialty Steel, Inc., one of North America’s leading independent manufacturers of specialty steel products.
- SFX Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries, producers and promoters of live electronic dance music events throughout the world.
- MIG, Inc. (f/k/a Metromedia International Group, Inc.), owner of communications and media business that operates in the Republic of Georgia.
- For-profit higher educational companies Florida Career College, Anthem Education, and their subsidiaries.
- Canned vegetable producer Allens, Inc.
- Fast casual restaurant chain and franchisor BackYard Burgers, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Chem Rx Corp., long-term care pharmaceutical company, and its affiliates.
- Valeo Electrical Systems, Inc., leading auto parts manufacturer
- Neogenix Oncology, Inc., a clinical stage biotherapeutic company.
- Liquidating trust of Fruehauf Trailer Corp.
- Lender/Creditor Representations:
- Secured creditor and purchaser of United Road Towing.
- Secured creditor and purchaser of American Laser Centers.
- Multiple customer, creditors, and parties-in-interest in the MF Global and Lehman Brothers SIPC and bankruptcy cases.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- St. John’s University, J.D. 1997: magna cum laude; Articles and Notes Editor, St. John’s Law Review; Dean’s List; St. John’s School of Law Scholarship; CALI Award for Excellence in Corporate Taxation
- William and Mary, B.A., Government, 1994: Pi Sigma Alpha, the Political Science Honor Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Catholic Renewal
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
Rate : $$$