Maria Fernanda Diago is a member of the Firm’s Banking, Finance & Major Projects practice group in New York. She has more than six years of experience advising clients on banking and finance matters, capital markets, private equity, derivatives, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, including in the Republic of Colombia and in New York.
Maria has represented financial institutions, private equity funds and leading corporate entities in cross-border financings, debt and equity securities offerings, hedging transactions and corporate acquisitions, with a focus in Latin America. While in Colombia, she also advised clients in corporate, securities, derivatives and banking regulatory and compliance matters.
- Duke University School of Law (LLM and Business Law Certificate) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Specialization Capital Markets and Banking Law) (2013)
- Universidad de Los Andes (Law Degree) (2011)
- New York~United States (2017)
- Colombia (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- New York State Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a project company of US power plants in the USD 250 million refinancing of bonds and private placement notes.
- Represented a consortium of private equity firms in the acquisition of a 205 MW thermoelectric power plant, its financing and re-financing.
- Represented a sovereign fund in the restructuring of its investment in a Latin American conglomerate and in the structuring of security interests granted to them in Colombia.
- Represented the initial purchasers in the Rule 144A / Reg S Eurobond offering of a food company for EUR 600 million.
- Represented the initial purchasers in the Rule 144A / Regulation S Eurobond offering of an auto parts manufacturer for EUR 500 million.
Rate : $$$