Ms. Díaz has dedicated her legal career to representing workers in employment cases. She is the founder of THE DIAZ LAW FIRM and serves as “Of Counsel” to the law firm of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg.
Ms. Díaz focuses her practice exclusively on representing workers in a range of employment matters including defamation, whistleblowers, sexual harassment, gender/pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, and wrongful termination. She has expertise navigating leave laws, including those related to pregnancy, disability, and family medical leave. Ms. Díaz is bilingual in Spanish and English.
She has a broad range of experience in federal court, state court, and arbitration. Ms. Díaz litigates, tries cases in state and federal court, arbitrates cases, and does appellate work. She has negotiated millions for her clients in a multitude of employment claims against a wide range of companies, individuals and public entities.
Her last trial resulted in a jury verdict of $1,325,000 for Ms. Eva O’Brien who worked part-time at Baca Properties when she was wrongfully terminated. After Baca Properties hired an appeals expert to appeal the verdict, Ms. Díaz prepared the responding appeal brief on behalf of her client, Ms. Eva O’Brien.
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA)
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Mexican-American Bar Association
- Stanford Law School, 2001, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1994, Masters in Public Policy
- Stanford University, 1991, B.A. in Quantitative Economics
- Princeton University, Summer Fellowship, 1990
- Honors: Woodrow Wilson National Fellow, Woodrow Wilson Foundation
Rate : $$$