Since joining the firm in 2013 after graduating from Vanderbilt University Law School, Maria V. Hopper has effectively served her clients in a wide variety of corporate transactions. Maria’s practice is focused on mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance.
Specifically, Maria has experience representing corporate, private equity and venture capital clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as assisting with the purchase, sale and ongoing representation of portfolio companies.
Maria is an active member of Haynes and Boone’s Women’s Initiative Committee, Haynes and Boone’s American Heart Association steering committee and the Women’s Finance Exchange of Dallas.
Professional and Community Activities :
- Women Finance Exchange, Member, 2017-2019; Board of Directors, 2018
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2013, Law and Business Certificate
- LL.B., Centro Universitário de Brasilia (UniCEUB), 2009
- Extern to the Honorable Mark Fishburn, Criminal Court, 20th Judicial District, Nashville, TN, Summer 2011
- Extern to the Honorable Kevin H. Sharp, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of TN, Nashville, TN, July-August 2012
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2013, Brazil, 2010
Rate : $$$