Maria von Schack is a corporate transactional lawyer specializing in a broad array of transactions with a focus in the energy, infrastructure and transportation industries. Her experience includes project finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate advice.
Maria represents lenders, borrowers, issuers, sponsors and investors in a variety of corporate transactions, including project financings, corporate financings, acquisitions and acquisition financings.
- Represented Citicorp North America and Berkshire Hathaway Energy in connection with (i) the South Plains II wind power project originally developed by SunEdison, Inc. in Floyd County, Texas, (ii) the Shannon wind power project developed by Alterra Power Corp. and Starwood Energy Group in Clay and Jack Counties, Texas, and (iii) the Rattlesnake wind power project developed by Goldwind USA, Inc. in McCulloch County, Texas
- Represented a leading financial institution in connection with (i) the Live Oak, River Bend, and Chaves solar power projects being developed by NextEra Energy, Inc. in Georgia, Alabama, and New Mexico, respectively and (ii) the White Pine and White Oak solar power projects being developed by NextEra Energy, Inc. in Georgia
- Represented Apollo Investment Corporation in connection with its commitment to provide up to US$650 million of equity financing for residential solar rooftop systems throughout the United States proposed to be originated and developed by Sungevity, Inc.
- Represented a leading financial institution in connection with the Bloom Wind power project developed by Capital Power in Ford and Clark Counties, Kansas
- Represented certain financial institutions in connection with the Cotton Plains and Old Settler Wind power projects and the Phantom Solar power project, each developed by Apex Clean Energy Holdings, LLC in Texas
- Represented Citicorp North America in connection with (i) the Mississippi 2 solar power project in Mississippi and (ii) the Gray Hawk solar power project in Arizona, each developed by D.E. Shaw Renewable Investments
- The financing of several portfolios of baseload fuel cell electricity generators to be located across the United States by Bloom Energy Corporation
- Represent Steel River Infrastructure Fund North America and its affiliates in connection with various proposed acquisitions and financing matters
- Represent Hecate Energy LLC with respect to various matters including in connection with the development of wind and solar generating projects
- Represented Entegra Power Group in connection with the sale of a 550 MW natural gas power block and 25% interest in all related common facilities to Tucson Electric Power Company and UNS Electric, Inc.
- New York
- Fordham University, J.D., 2008
- Trinity College, B.A., 2003
- Honorable Joel A. Pisano, US District Court, District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$$