Maricé Guzmán’s developing employment litigation practice reflects her tenacious approach and commitment to achieving favorable outcomes. She has played an instrumental role in a range of successful matters, including assisting in a media-sensitive case in which the client, a prominent company, settled sexual assault allegations without garnering negative publicity, and serving as a member of several teams that defended corporations in front of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Familiar with both sides of employment matters — she previously worked as a law clerk for a plaintiffs’ employment firm — Maricé brings a well-rounded perspective to her representation.
- Assisting a large company in a class action matter involving a wage and hour dispute under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Conducted research, collaborated with team members and otherwise helped craft an approach to successfully settling sexual assault allegations against a large company.
- Member of several teams that successfully defended companies before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Assisted in the enforcement of non-compete, non-solicitation and trade secret clauses in a company’s employee contracts.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2018; Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, Mediation Team; Moot Court Society
- B.A., Wellesley College, 2012
Admissions : Georgia
Rate : $$$