Marie L. Carlisle focuses her practice on commercial, energy, and environmental litigation. Previously a chemist for NASA and the environmental industry, Marie has the experience and technical knowledge to understand the needs of her environmental and energy industry clients.
- Served as part of a team representing an engineering services provider in a dispute over contracts involving fabrication and long-term use of drilling rigs. In addition to managing the documents produced by the parties, she played an integral role in working with and managing the depositions of experts, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Member of the BakerHostetler team serving as Counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Served as part of a team representing a health care supplier in a multimillion-dollar contract dispute involving lease and service agreements. Involved in all aspects of the case, with a favorable dispositive ruling for the client resolving most of the issues before trial.
- Represented a global chemical distributor in a lawsuit where the client received a shipment that was outside the parties’ agreed specifications. Was involved in management of the review and production of a substantial number of documents and worked with experts in their analysis of the claims involved. The matter was settled in favor of the client.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Community : Corridor Rescue Inc.: Volunteer
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2006, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barons
- B.A., Sam Houston State University, 1996, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$