Marie L. Gibson concentrates primarily on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. Ms. Gibson has represented acquirers, targets and financial advisors in U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions, including public and private transactions as well as negotiated and contested acquisitions. Her experience includes proxy contests, corporate governance advice, work with distressed businesses and other general corporate matters.
Although her practice is broad-based, she has extensive experience in the health care and energy industries. Ms. Gibson has been named Woman Dealmaker of the Year by The M&A Advisor and was named as a Finance & Transactional Star in LMG Life Sciences’ 2016 rankings. Significant representations include:
- Rite Aid Corporation in its sale of stores for $4.38 billion to Walgreens Boots Alliance, as well as in its combination (now terminated) with Albertsons Companies Inc.;
- Moody’s Corporation in its pending $278 million acquisition of Reis Inc., as well as in its €3 billion acquisition of Amsterdam-based information services provider Bureau van Dijk;
- Anheuser-Busch InBev in its $20.1 billion acquisition of the remaining stake of Grupo Modelo, S.A.B. de C.V. not previously owned by it;
- Avara Pharmaceutical Services, a contract development and manufacturing organization, in multiple acquisitions in Europe and the U.S., including from Novartis, AstraZeneca, Astellas, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and UCB;
- Collagen Matrix Inc., a manufacturer of collagen- and mineral-based extracellular matrices for tissue and organ repair and regeneration, in its sale to Metalmark Capital LLC, a private equity firm;
- Delphi Corporation in a variety of corporate matters relating to its Chapter 11 case, including the stalking horse bid that eventually led to its exit from bankruptcy.
Ms. Gibson actively is involved in Skadden’s training, summer associate and pro bono programs. She earned a Certified Public Accountant license and practiced as an auditor at Price Waterhouse prior to attending law school. She also has served as a visiting clinical lecturer in law at Yale Law School.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1996 (Order of the Coif)
- M.B.A. and B.B.A., Pace University (combined degree program), 1991
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$