Marilyn Batonga is an associate in the Firm’s Compliance & Investigations Practice Group in Washington, DC. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she worked for a major law firm in New York and Washington, DC, where she represented clients in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Ms. Batonga has been recognized for her pro bono work, which involves the representation of minors in immigration and family court proceedings.
Ms. Batonga focuses her practice on internal investigations, white collar crime, and anti-corruption due diligence. She is also a civil litigator. Ms. Batonga represents domestic and international corporate clients in a broad range of compliance and dispute resolution matters, including criminal investigations by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, and other government agencies.
She also has experience representingindividuals and companies, in state and federal courts, in contractual disputes involving credit agreements, bankruptcy and real estate.
- Columbia Law School (J.D.) (2012)
- Swarthmore College (B.A.) (2008)
- District of Columbia~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2014)
- New York~United States (2013)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Prepared in-house counsel for interviews with the US Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission as part of a joint investigation related to violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Conducted transactional due diligence for US engineering, architecture and design firms considering business opportunities in the Middle East, India and Africa.
- Assisted clients with drafting and implementing corporate anti-corruption policies.
Rate : $$$