With a background as a commercial real estate broker and restaurant owner, Marilyn Mullen Healy provides clients the legal experience coupled with practical knowledge to strategically advise clients to achieve their business goals.
Marilyn concentrates her practice on providing counsel and advice to clients on complex commercial real estate transactions, business and governmental law focusing on land use, zoning, procurement, licensing, contracts, public/private partnerships, banking and finance, and transportation and logistics matters.
Marilyn has specific experience in negotiating and finalizing complex residential and commercial real estate transactions, representing large scale national retailers, negotiating sophisticated leasing relationships, and has extensive experience in all aspects of procuring and maintaining development and regulatory entitlements on local, state, and federal levels.
Marilyn regularly appears before local, state, and federal governmental and quasi-governmental agencies on complex matters related to zoning and land use approvals, local ordinances, development order challenges, regulatory issues, and the defense of code enforcement violations, as well as working with constituent stakeholders.
Marilyn also has experience working in the outdoor advertising industry, handling public bid procurement and protests, and working with smaller companies and individuals from the onset of their enterprises and which have become industry players.
In the community, Marilyn has been active with the Board of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce since 2010, when she joined the board of directors. Since then, Marilyn has served as co-chair of its Transportation Council, co-chair of its Policy Council, and served as legal counsel to the organization.
She also is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Women Executive Council (CREW), and is a member of, and previously served on the management committee for, the Urbal Land Institute. She is active in numerous real estate, transportation, business, and civic organizations.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1993
- M.A., University of Florida, 1982
- B.A., University of Florida, 1980
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce – Legal Counsel; Board of Directors, Member; Transportation Committee, Co-Chair; Advocacy Committee, Member; Education Committee, Member
- Urban Land Institute Tampa Bay, Management Committee, Past Chair
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- CEO Council of Tampa Bay, Past Representative
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Florida Outdoor Advertising Association
- Real Estate Investment Council
- The Florida Bar, Florida Real Property and Probate Section, Administrative Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, Trustee and Board Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church of Tampa Bay, Past Adjunct Chancellor
- Gator Club of Tampa Bay
- Plant High School Mentor Program
- American Cancer Society, Past Income Chair, Executive Committee (2011-2013)
- Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida, Constitution and Canon Committee
Rate : $$$$