As one of the first-generation environmental lawyers in Wyoming, Marilyn Kite brings over 40 years of experience handling natural resources and commercial litigation matters for clients operating in Wyoming.
Clients with disputes before any court benefit from Marilyn’s 14 years of experience as a Wyoming Supreme Court Justice, where she presided over more than 500 appeals ranging from private business disputes about interpretations of general and state statues and constitutional questions and regulatory issues.
Marilyn initially practiced at Holland & Hart for twelve years and was instrumental in opening the firm’s two Wyoming offices. Marilyn left private practice in 2000 when she was appointed to the Wyoming Supreme Court as the Court’s first female Justice.
She then served as Chief Justice from 2010-2014. Before originally joining Holland & Hart, Marilyn worked in the Wyoming Attorney General’s Office for four years as an Assistant Attorney General.
- University of Wyoming, J.D., 1974 with honors
- University of Wyoming, B.A., 1970 with honors
Bar Admissions : Wyoming
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Conference of Chief Justices, Member
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals Advisory Board
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Wyoming Bar Foundation Board of Directors, 2000-2006
- UW College of Law Board of Advisors
- Teton County Community Safety Network Board of Directors
Rate : $$$