Marina G. Richter’s practice spans a wide range of domestic and cross-border M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions. Her work includes representing private equity funds, sellers and strategic buyers in domestic and cross-border M&A deals (including asset sales, stock purchases, mergers, takeovers, LBOs, auctions) ranging in transaction value from $2 million to over $6 billion.
She also advises board of directors, independent directors and special committees on a broad range of corporate matters, including directors’ duties and responsibilities, corporate governance, disclosure issues and corporate compliance matters.
In addition, she represents domestic and foreign issuers in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and advises clients on a variety of other corporate matters, including strategic investments, joint ventures, spin-offs, financings and recapitalizations.
Marina has substantial experience in a broad range of industries, including technology, print, energy, telecommunications, fashion/apparel, healthcare and entertainment.
Before joining O’Melveny, Marina was an associate at two notable law firms and a founder, of a retail start-up.
- Advised The Washington Justice (formerly Washington Esports Ventures) in connection with entry into Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League
- Represented Onexim Sports and Entertainment Holding USA, Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling stake in the New Jersey Nets basketball team and of an equity interest in the Barclays Center stadium project in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented Norilsk Nickel Group in connection with its $408 million acquisition of the global nickel mining and refining operations of a U.S. public company.
- Represented a major privately-owned fashion house in the $500 million sale of its handbag business to a Hong Kong public company.
- Represented Workflow Management, Inc. in the attempted $669 million sale of its equity securities to Enterprise Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) listed on the American Stock Exchange (then one of the largest transactions involving a sale to a SPAC).
- Represented a major North American print company in a number of transactions, including its acquisition of a leading supplier of business process solutions; the sale of its Canadian operations; and various financing and other transactions.
- Represented the owners of The New Republic in their sale of a majority stake in the Washington-based magazine to Chris Hughes, co-founder of Facebook Inc.
- Represented News Corporation and a number of other public companies in 1934 Act reports, SEC compliance, corporate governance, shareholders meetings and proxy statements, and establishment of rights plans
- Represented Duoyuan Printing, Inc. (NYSE: DYP), a major printing equipment manufacturer in China, in connection with its U.S. initial public offering and listing of its shares of common stock on the NYSE
- New York
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, LL.M., 2005
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), specialist degree in law (J.D. equivalent) with great distinction, June 2004
Rate : $$$