Mario O. Marin is an associate in Akerman’s Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. Mario represents a wide array of financial services companies in state and federal litigation including class actions. He regularly defends financial services providers against individual and class claims brought pursuant to RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA.
Additionally, Mario defends mortgage lenders, servicers, and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, and debt collection statutes.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2016, cum laude, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, Staff Editor
- B.S., Nova Southeastern University, 2013
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Shaniek M. Maynard, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2017-2018
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Darrin P. Gayles, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2015
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable John J. O’Sullivan, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2014
Rate : $$$$