Marisa Meltebeke advises clients on a variety of state and federal tax matters. Her practice focuses on the issues and challenges unique to charities and other tax-exempt organizations. She helps clients acquire and maintain their federal tax exempt status; structure sophisticated relationships among tax-exempt and taxable entities; and implement good corporate governance.
She also counsels clients regarding the tax consequences of business transactions and opportunities for more efficient tax planning.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Portland, Ore., 2008-2009
- Student Attorney, University of Washington Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, Seattle, 2008-2009
- Judicial Clerk, Lane County Circuit Court, Eugene, Ore., 2007
- Paralegal, Hooton Wold & Okrent, LLP, Beaverton, Ore., 2004-2006
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2010,
- Graduated first in the class
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2009, with honors
- B.A., History, Minor in Spanish, Oregon State University, 2003,
- OSU Honors College
- B.S., Political Science, Oregon State University, 2003,
Rate : $$$