Marissa Hurwitz Alguire represents employers in all aspects of employment litigation, with an emphasis on defending clients against claims of harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, wage and hour and PAGA issues, and class actions before federal and state courts and in arbitration.
She also defends clients in proceedings before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Employment Development Department. Marissa works with employers in various sectors, including technology, entertainment, hospitality, retail, and healthcare.
Marissa also provides day-to-day advice and counseling to employers on a wide variety of employment issues, including employment policies and procedures, internal investigations, accommodation requirements, leaves of absence, wage-and-hour compliance, employment agreements, discharge and discipline, reductions in force, disability access laws, and manager and employee training. She also provides AB1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training and is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2006
- B.A., Columbia University, American History, 2000
Bar Admission : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Member
- State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Extern for the Honorable Peter H. Carroll, United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, 2003
Rate : $$$$