Marissa John is an associate in Alston & Bird’s Real Estate Finance & Investment Group. Investment banks, insurance companies, and commercial banks rely on Marissa’s guidance through complicated loan transactions involving various types of real-estate collateral, such as office buildings, hotels, and shopping centers, including single-asset loans and multiproperty/multistate transactions.
Before joining Alston & Bird, Marissa gained experience interning with the former governor of New York, David A. Paterson. She also worked as a certified mediator for the Fulton County Landlord/Tenant Mediation Program.
Marissa received her B.S. from the University of Central Florida and her J.D. from Emory University School of Law. While attending Emory Law, she completed the Transactional Law Certificate Program and was a member of the Transactional Law Negotiations Team.
Bar Admissions : New York
- Emory University (J.D., 2017)
- University of Central Florida (B.S., 2008)
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC)
- New York City Bar, Diversity Pipeline Initiatives Committee
- Association of Black Women Attorneys
- National Association for Women Lawyers
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
Rate : $$$