Mark Carlson is the managing director of the Firm’s Business Department. Mr. Carlson formerly was a shareholder at the Firm and served for seven years as leader of the Firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
During his career, he has worked as a strategy consultant for a leading management consulting firm in Boston, as general counsel for an Atlanta-based technology manufacturer and as senior in-house M&A counsel for a large international infrastructure corporation based in San Francisco.
In his current role, Mr. Carlson will focus on the business of law, growth, alternative pricing and profitability within the Firm’s Business Department, which encompasses five practice groups and includes 200 lawyers across Baker Donelson’s 22 offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C.
Previously, as a practicing attorney, Mr. Carlson helped his clients to structure, negotiate and execute middle market M&A deals, joint ventures and other business combinations as well as general business transactions. His industry experience includes transactions and strategic initiatives in wireless technology, manufacturing, private equity, financial services and international transactions.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1995, cum laude
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1992, cum laude
- Georgia, 2008
- Tennessee, 2004
- California, 1998
- Massachusetts, 1996
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2011
- Advisory Board Member – National Association of Corporate Directors, Atlanta Chapter, Georgia (2008 – 2015)
- Board Member – Georgia Charter Schools Association (2014 – 2017)
- Founding Board Member – Atlanta Classical Academy Charter School, Atlanta, Georgia (2013 – 2017)
- Founding Board Member – Promise Academy Charter School, Memphis, Tennessee (2004 – 2008)
Rate : $$$$