Mr. Mark Barber routinely defends motor carrier clients in claims involving serious tractor trailer accidents, advises on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations compliance, and is a member of the Firm’s 24-Hour Emergency Response Team. He also handles cases involving construction disputes, electric utility line contact/electrocution claims, general liability claims and commercial litigation.
Mr. Barber’s approach to litigation differentiates him from other lawyers. He provides his clients with an immediate evaluation of each matter as if a trial were imminent. This early evaluation process allows clients to make better informed decisions for the remaining arc of the case.
If litigation is necessary, the client can focus on aggressive, narrowly-targeted measures that result in a much more predictable and manageable result. Mr. Barber’s approach informs every step of the discovery and trial preparation process.
Insurance coverage issues are also a regular part of Mr. Barber’s practice. He understands the various coverage forms involved and knows how to manage the different layers of coverage typically found in catastrophic cases. His insight into the intricacies of insurance coverage benefits his clients in both coverage and liability matters.
Mr. Barber also has considerable experience in electric utility litigation and has written extensively about the topic. He is national coordinating counsel for a major insurance company on all its catastrophic electric line contact cases. He has advised electric cooperatives and their insurers in cases all over the United States, and routinely handles rapid response scene investigations for his clients.
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 1984
- University of Kentucky, B.S., 1981
- Georgia, 1985
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th and 11th Circuits
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – American Bar Association (Public Utility Section; Litigation Section; Tort and Insurance Practice Section; Commercial Transportation Subcommittee)
- Member – Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Member – Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Member – Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
Rate : $$$