Mark Bradford represents reinsurers, insurers, banks, and other affiliated entities in complex—often multidimensional, litigation and regulatory actions. He has experience leading multi-person trial teams and has achieved successful results for clients in a first chair trial capacity that on more than one occasion, included recoupment of attorney’s fees and costs for his client.
He has successfully handled disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country and the State of Illinois including the Northern District of Illinois and Cook and the Collar Counties as well as districts and counties within Illinois outside the Chicagoland area.
Mr. Bradford regularly counsels reinsurers, brokers, lenders, and acquiring institutions in matters involving counterparties who are in receivership or near the zone of insolvency. He also advises on commutations, financial technology; UDAAP; non-deceptive financial and insurance advertising; sales practices; professional liability matters; legal ethics; and regulations pertaining to personally identifiable information.
Mr. Bradford serves as one of Duane Morris’s Loss Prevention Partners with responsibility for the Chicago office. In this capacity, he counsels attorneys within the firm on ethical and professional liability issues.
Mr. Bradford is a 2004 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was Symposium Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif, and a 2001 graduate of the University of Illinois.
- First chaired federal jury trial, obtained zero liability verdict and successfully petitioned for a post-trial award of fees on behalf of owner of privately held business.
- First chaired bench trial on contract claim and obtained judgment better than final pre-trial demand.
- Member of victorious trial team that obtained zero liability award against multi-million claim pursued by bankruptcy trustee.
- Successful appellate counsel on claim against broker.
- Represented reinsurer in proceedings initiated by Office of the Special Deputy Receiver on behalf of insolvent cedant.
- Reinsurance commutations.
- Represented major reinsurance company in disputed claims with state regulators in their capacity as receiver for multiple insolvent insurance companies.
- Delivered advisory memorandum on anti-money laundering, FATCA and other compliance issues on behalf of foreign bank seeking correspondent relationship.
- Advised financial services business on corporate structure and issues related to potential alter-ego liability.
- Advised client on Electronic Fund Transfer Act as amended by Dodd-Frank Act and implemented through Regulation E.
- The Lawyers Club of Chicago
- Immediate-Past President, 2015-2016
- President, 2014-2015
- Secretary-Treasurer, 2013-2014
- Board of Directors, 2012-2017
Rate : $$$