Mark Salzberg is a partner in the Washington DC office and a member of the firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency practice group. He focuses his practice on bankruptcy litigation, creditors’ rights, debtor reorganizations and complex commercial litigation.
Mark has extensive experience representing debtors, creditors’ committees, financial institutions, secured and unsecured creditors, franchisors and distributors in bankruptcy matters throughout the United States.
He has served as the lead appellate counsel in multiple bankruptcy appeals at both the district court and bankruptcy appellate panel levels and regularly counsels clients on intellectual property matters arising under the Bankruptcy Code.
In addition to his bankruptcy work, Mark has represented parties in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation cases in both state and federal courts, including lender liability suits and other business tort actions, breach of contract, trade secret and noncompete actions.
Before joining Squire Patton Boggs, Mark was a partner at Foley & Lardner LLP. He was a member of the DC Bar Board of Governors from 2014-2015 and a member of the DC Bar Attorney/Client Arbitration Board from 2008-2014.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, D.C. Bar Regulations/Rules/Board Procedures Committee (2016-2017)
- Member, D.C. Bar Association Board of Governors (2014-2015)
- Member, D.C. Bar Association Election Task Force
- Member, D.C. Bar Attorney/Client Arbitration Board (2009-2014)
- Steering Committee, Greater Washington Board of Trade Executive Networks Session (Fall 2005 and 2006)
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 1987
Rate : $$$$