Focusing on all aspects of commercial finance, Mark Alan Spitzer represents financial institutions, private equity firms and corporate credit takers in a wide range of financing transactions. He has extensive experience in loan workout matters, including debt and equity restructurings.
He structures, negotiates and documents a broad variety of finance transactions, including complex secured and unsecured syndicated credit facilities, cash flow and asset-based loans, acquisition financings, letters of credit and other credit enhancement facilities, credit product portfolio sales, and multistate real estate secured transactions, as well as second lien, mezzanine and subordinated debt financings, and cross-border transactions.
Mark’s core client base spans virtually the entire spectrum of lending institutions, including bank holding companies, regional commercial banks, finance companies, insurance companies, equipment lessors, small business investment companies, local agencies of foreign banks, and hedge and structured debt funds.
- Represented administrative agent in first lien revolving and term credit facilities aggregating $90 million, the proceeds of which were initially used to finance a sponsor’s acquisition of a manufacturer of fineblanked metal components for automotive and industrial applications.
- Represented lender in $450 million revolving and term credit facilities provided to a leading bottled water supplier.
- Represented mezzanine fund in its purchase of $18 million in senior subordinated notes and related equity interests issued in connection with a private equity firm’s acquisition of a specialty pharmacy operations company and subsequent acquisitions of complementary lines of business.
- Represented administrative agent in $125 million revolving credit facility provided to a prominent Southern California oil and crude refining operator.
- Represented international conglomerate oilfield products manufacturer in a $20 million multi-facility, cross-border financing arrangement.
- Represented mezzanine fund in its purchase of senior subordinated notes aggregating $20 million issued in connection with a “sponsor-to-sponsor” acquisition of a consumer housewares company.
- Represented a steering committee (consisting of revolving, initial term and delayed draw term lenders) with respect to an aborted restructuring of credit commitments exceeding $2 billion provided to a hotel/casino developer.
- Represented lender in $75 million unsecured revolving credit facility provided to a worldwide executive recruitment and leadership talent consulting services firm.
- Duke University School of Law, JD, with honors, 1986
- Wichita State University, BA, summa cum laude, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Affiliations : Member, Commercial Finance Association
Rate : $$$