Mark K. Anesh is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Professional Liability Practice. His legal practice focuses on professional liability defense, primarily on lawyers, accountants, real estate professionals, insurance agents and brokers, and other miscellaneous professionals.
He also concentrates on D&O liability for nonprofits, as well as estates and trust litigation, with work in Surrogate’s Court. While his concentration is in litigation, he also represents insurers in coverage disputes and in declaratory judgment actions.
Mr. Anesh handles all aspects of risk management for lawyers, such as audits, seminars, newsletters, 1-800 hotlines, webinars, and approved continuing legal education programs.
He is responsible for coordinating national professional liability hotlines for a variety of clients involving various professional liability areas of practice, including lawyers, accountants and real estate professionals.
The pre-claim hotlines result in actions taken which operate to avoid or eliminate claims from being made, and/or reduce the client’s exposure. Mr. Anesh has written a number of professional liability insurance policies and obtained approvals from various state insurance departments.
He is a frequent lecturer on risk management for attorneys for the New York State and American Bar Associations. Additionally, he was an adjunct professor of law at Touro Law Center, and was an assistant adjunct professor of law at the Hofstra University School of Law.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, Juris Doctor, 1978
- Brooklyn College of the City of New York, Bachelor of Arts, 1975
- State Bar Admissions, New York
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
Rate : $$$