Mark H. Barth advises in all aspects of structuring, restructuring, documenting, and operating offshore investment funds and U.S. private investments. His practice extends to both hedge and private equity funds, as well as funds of funds.In addition to providing advice on fund-related Employee Retirement Income Security Act, tax and securities law issues, Mark has a deep understanding of the U.S. regulatory considerations for both private domestic investors and those operating in non-U.S. jurisdictions.
He has advised on the creation of, and regulatory compliance for, Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities investment vehicles.Mark particularly enjoys the challenge of brainstorming with clients to construct new and innovative structures and approaches to their businesses. He brings an open and creative mindset, combined with more than 40 years of legal experience, to bear on this process.
- Counsels on U.S. investment advisor regulatory considerations.
- Assists with the formation and management of private funds.
- Member, Investment Companies and Investment Advisors Subcommittee, American Bar Association.
- Member, New York Bar.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1977
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, 1973
- New York
Rate : $$$