Mark W. Bellomy is an IP transactions attorney and advises a wide range of companies, investors and institutions concerning all manner of transactions involving technology and intellectual property, including: research, development and commercialization collaborations; licensing; joint ventures; mergers and acquisitions; information technology and business process outsourcing; technology transfers; supply, distribution and co-promotion relationships; and other strategic commercial transactions.
Mark has extensive experience advising companies in the life sciences, high-technology, health care, private equity, financial services, investment management, and branded product industries with respect to technology and intellectual property-driven transactions.
He also provides clients with strategic advice regarding the creation and management of intellectual property assets, as well as day-to-day commercial and corporate matters. Mark is a patent attorney registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and has experience prosecuting patent applications relating to software, electromechanical devices and consumer goods.
Mark has served as in-house counsel for one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. Prior to attending law school, Mark served as a cavalry officer and scout platoon leader in the United States Army.
- JD, magna cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2000
- BS (Electrical Engineering), Distinguished Cadet, United States Military Academy at West Point, 1994; Phi Kappa Phi; Eta Kappa Nu
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2002
- Massachusetts, 2001
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Licensing Executives Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Former co-chair of the Boston Bar Association Intellectual Property Section’s Life Sciences Committee
- Speaker, intellectual property, licensing and strategic collaboration matters, including presentations for the Association of Corporate Counsel, Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, and Practising Law Institute.
- Represented Pfizer in its collaboration with Merck KGaA to develop and commercialize anti-PD-L1 antibodies to treat tumors. This transaction won the LES 2015 “Deal of Distinction Award” for the life sciences sector. It included an upfront payment to Merck of $850 million and $2 billion in regulatory and commercial milestones.
- Represented Pfizer in its strategic licensing agreement with MedGenesis Therapeutix, granting Pfizer an exclusive worldwide option to license MedGenesis’ glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) protein and convection enhanced delivery (CED) technology to be used in research for potential treatments for Parkinson’s disease.
- Represented AstraZeneca in its worldwide licensing and partnership agreement with Eolas Therapeutics for the development and commercialization of Eolas’ Orexin-1 Receptor Antagonist program for smoking cessation and other indications.
- Represented Genzyme in connection with its collaboration agreement and $700 million equity investment in Alnylam Pharmaceuticals related to rare disease siRNA drug candidates.
- Represented Wyeth in its worldwide licensing, development and supply agreement with Catalent Pharma Solutions for Advil Liqui-Gels®.
- Represented leading pharmaceutical, medical device and medical technology companies in the development and implementation of licensing and collaboration best practices programs.
- Represented Pfizer in connection with the reconciliation and integration of collaborative development programs acquired in connection with Pfizer’s acquisition of Wyeth and King Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in connection with the divestiture of its vertebral augmentation solutions business to Stryker.
- Represented State Street in connection with information technology and intellectual property matters associated with its acquisition of GE Asset Management from GE.
- Represented Pfizer, Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Wyeth and other pioneer pharmaceutical companies in the settlement of ANDA litigations.
Rate : $$$