Mark J. Bernet litigates complex commercial and business disputes, class action defense, bankruptcy, creditors’ rights/foreclosures, and appellate matters in state and federal court. Experienced across a range of sectors, including finance, banking, real estate, aviation finance, and hospitality, his clients include local, regional, and national banks and financial institutions, manufacturers, and venture capitalists.
Frequently recommended by the federal agencies and Attorneys General from Florida and other states, he has been appointed as a federal equity receiver by district courts in multiple states for numerous high-profile businesses, in cases brought by agencies charging companies and principals with engaging in fraudulent conduct.
He is experienced in conducting fraud investigations and recoveries, including tracing and recovering transfers of funds and property. In his transactional practice, Mark helps navigate the purchase and sale of loans and loan portfolios, routinely documents commercial and real estate workouts, and has a significant focus on aircraft finance.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 1986
- B.A., University of Wisconsin – Madison, Journalism and Political Science, 1983
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- King High School, Athletic Booster Club, President
- Mirabilis Ventures, Inc., General Counsel, 2006-2007
Rate : $$$