Mark A. Bertelsen is a senior partner in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati’s corporate practice. Mark joined the firm in 1972 and has played a major role in the development and growth of the firm. From 1984 to 1990, he served as chairman of the Management Committee, and he was also managing partner from 1990 to 1997 and served on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Mark is a business lawyer. He regularly advises senior management and boards of directors on matters relating to corporate governance, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic alliances.
Mark has advised and represented companies that have transformed their industry in computer hardware, software, telecommunications, semiconductors, and fintech. He has also served as director of leading public software companies Software Publishing Corporation (1988-96), a leader in PC software; Autodesk (1992-2009), the world leader in 2D and 3D design software; Taleo Corporation (2000-07), a leading talent management company acquired by Oracle for $2 billion in 2012; and Informatica Corporation (2002-2015), the leading data integration company.
Mark has lectured and served on numerous panels at UC Berkeley School of Law, The Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University, and continuing legal education programs on corporate and securities law, corporate governance, and legal ethics. Prior to joining the firm, he served two years as an officer in the U.S. Army.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1969
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1966
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Board of Directors, Autodesk, 1992-2009
- Member, Board of Directors, Informatica, 2002-2015
- Trustee, UC Santa Barbara Foundation, Member of Executive Committee, and Chair, 2001-2003
- Trustee, UC Berkeley Foundation
- Member, Dean’s Cabinet, UC Santa Barbara College of Engineering
- Member, Director’s Council, Institute for Energy Efficiency, UC Santa Barbara
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$