Mark B. Bierbower’s practice focuses on commercial and administrative litigation, congressional oversight and investigations.
Mark’s trial, administrative and appellate experience includes contracts, insurance, environmental, telecommunications, business torts, product liability, tax controversies, ERISA, securities, financial institutions, employment, real estate, franchise, health care, advertising and marketing, electric restructuring, oil and gas, and public utilities.
He also has considerable experience in ethics and private investigations and temporary and preliminary relief. Mark has tried cases successfully on behalf of numerous Fortune 500 corporations, trade associations and trusts.
He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and before Federal District Courts in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland; the U.S. Tax Court and U.S. Court of Federal Claims; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Third, Fourth and Sixth Circuits; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented national utilities in major environmental enforcement actions under Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.
- Counsel to leading national credit union.
- Represented Fortune 500 telecommunications company in national litigation resulting from Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Represented pharmaceutical development company in arbitration of ownership and non-compete issues.
- Represented variety of companies and individuals in numerous Congressional investigations and high profile hearings, including coalition of major energy companies, joint venture of major government contractors, major technology company, former Major League Baseball player, national transportation company, and former government officials.
- Extensive experience presenting and cross-examining expert witnesses at hearings, trials and depositions.
- Extensive experience managing and conducting national-scope litigation, responding to government investigations, and in document management and case development using latest technological advances.
- Significant representation involving regulated industries, particularly electricity and telecommunications providers, and legislative and regulatory interpretation issues arising from challenging or defending actions by executive or regulatory agencies in court.
- Counsel to church diocese and related parishes, schools and 501(c)(3) affiliates.
- Legislative Assistant, U.S. Senate, 1974-76.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1979
- BA, Northwestern University, 1976
- District of Columbia
- Member, Bar Association of the District of Columbia; President (1993-94), President-elect (1992-93), Treasurer (1988-92); Chair, Young Lawyers Section (1986-87)
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Director, Forest Trends
Rate : $$$