Mark Buchi provides seasoned and effective counsel to clients on complex tax disputes and litigates significant cases before administrative agencies, the state tax courts and appellate courts. He takes pride in developing solutions to client problems by employing the most efficient and effective means—from drafting and lobbying for a legislative fix, adoption of administrative rule, or litigating.
Prior to practicing law in the private sector, Mark served as Division Chief over the Tax and Business Regulation division for the attorney general of Utah. He also served as Chairman of the Utah State Tax Commission.
In this cabinet-level position, he served two governors, and became thoroughly familiar with the budgetary, accounting, and operational procedures of the state government. He also served on the executive committee of the Multi-State Tax Commission.
Mark is currently a registered lobbyist in Utah and works closely with various government entities. He speaks to numerous government agencies and corporations across the country.
- University of Utah, J.D., 1978
- University of Utah, M.B.A., 1975
- University of Utah School of Law, B.S., 1974
Bar Admissions : Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Utah Mining Association, Board Member, 2003-present
- Utah Taxpayers Association, Board Member, 1990-present
- Governor’s Blue Ribbon Tax Recodification Committee, Member, 1984-1996
- University of Utah College of Law Alumni Association, Trustee, 1992-1995
- Board of Directors, Member, Utah Foundation
Rate : $$$