Mark Dodart practices primarily in the areas of general litigation, insurance coverage and tort litigation. He counsels clients, manages disputes and tries cases involving personal injury, products liability, class actions, toxic tort exposure, premises liability and property damage.
Mr. Dodart also serves as local, regional and national coverage counsel for domestic insurance companies in matters arising from bad faith, construction defects claims, third-party liability claims, first-party property claims, environmental claims, marine liability claims, food contamination claims, Louisiana direct action claims and numerous others.
In addition to handling cases in Louisiana and Texas courts in which he is admitted, Mr. Dodart also has acted as lead counsel in cases pending in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
Mr. Dodart’s practice, both litigation and counseling, involves attorneys from all of Phelps Dunbar’s offices on the Third Coast and, where necessary, local counsel in states throughout the United States.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., 1986; Editor-in-Chief, Louisiana Law Review; Order of the Coif
- University of New Orleans, B.A., 1983
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School (Board of Trustees)
- Carrollton Booster Club, New Orleans (Vice President, Commissioner of Soccer and Softball)
- Representation of domestic commercial property insurance companies in first-party property claims involving alleged hail and wind damage, including claims for statutory penalties and bad faith damages.
- Representation of recreational watercraft manufacturer in Louisiana in defense of products liability/personal injury claims arising out of the operation of one of their personal watercrafts. These claims typically involve allegations of manufacturing defects, failure to warn, and breach of warranty.
- Representation of domestic commercial lines insurance companies in defense of insurance coverage claims arising out of Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Gustav and Hurricane Ike. These matters involve the defense of claims for property damage, business income loss, statutory penalties, and bad faith damages.
Rate : $$$