Mark Cianci represents hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, private equity firms and their portfolio companies, health care and life sciences companies, academic and religious institutions and other clients in complex commercial disputes, appraisal proceedings and other M&A litigation, shareholder class actions, bankruptcy litigation, qui tam actions and government investigation and enforcement matters.
In addition, Mark advises on managing liability risk, navigating sensitive compliance concerns and anticipating litigation-related issues in the context of structuring acquisitions and other complex transactions. Prior to joining the firm, Mark spent a year at Greater Boston Legal Services in Cambridge, litigating housing and public benefits cases.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2010
- BA (Government), magna cum laude, Patrick Henry College, 2007
- Massachusetts, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2014
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Boston Bar Association
- Regularly represents parties to acquisition transactions in post-closing disputes involving claims for indemnification arising out of asserted breaches of representations and warranties.
- Has represented multiple health care and life sciences companies in federal and state qui tam actions involving alleged breaches of, inter alia, Medicaid regulatory requirements, Medicaid pricing rules and billing standards.
- Advises clients on identifying areas of potential liability risk for both entities and individuals and on managing such risk through insurance solutions and indemnification arrangements.
- Represented a large health care services company in a complex, multi-jurisdictional dispute over its ownership interest in a joint venture and over the co-venturers’ rights to profits.
- Represented a health care management services organization in favorably resolving a contractual dispute over performance and payment.
- Represented a national vendor in resolving a consumer protection complaint.
- Has represented several companies—including buyers and sellers in the technology, telecommunications and life sciences industries—in obtaining antitrust clearance for large transactions.
- Assists in overseeing the firm’s medical-legal partnership program, in coordination with DotHouse Health, the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Medical-Legal Partnership | Boston.
Rate : $$$