Mark Folk represents investor-owned and faith-based healthcare providers in the establishment of new strategic partnerships, including restructuring lines of service and securing capital for operations and expansion.
In response to the Affordable Care Act, Mr. Folk also assists healthcare systems in managing the risks associated with integrating physicians and new lines of business into their established patient care models.
His practice focuses on hospital companies, surgery centers, and integrated delivery systems throughout the country, with extensive experience in Texas, Tennessee, and Florida. His experience includes general corporate representation and various financing transactions, asset acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, syndications, joint ventures, and other forms of corporate integration.
- Stanford Law School, JD (1989)
- Harvard University, BA, Psychology and Social Relations, magna cum laude (1983)
- Experience in mergers and acquisition transactions involving hospitals and other providers of healthcare services
- Experience in transactions involving providers of medical services and referral sources (for example, physicians), including acquisitions, divestitures, professional services arrangements, and employment agreements
- Experience in securitizing institutional healthcare receivables
- Experience in creating for-profit/tax-exempt healthcare system joint ventures
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$