Mr. Mark Lansing focuses his practice on property tax & condemnation matters with respect to energy, industrial and commercial properties. He achieves significant property tax savings and assessment reductions for his clients through litigation, negotiations (settlements), due diligence reviews and alternative agreements. Mark assists clients with their valuation of complex property, and through real property tax management.
Mr. Lansing also works with energy, industrial and commercial companies in buying, building and operating facilities to effectively manage their property taxes, including due diligence review in the purchase or development phase, and representation before administrative agencies.
As an experienced trial lawyer, Mark has successfully represented clients in settlement negotiations, motions, trials and appeals at all levels of state and Federal Courts (including, Circuit Courts of Appeal). Mark is also well published in property tax and condemnation valuation matters.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., 1983
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1985
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, M.B.A., 1998
Bar & Court Admissions:
- New York, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1989
- Virginia, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Military Commission Review
Rate : $$$