Mark Thomson is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Mark is a licensed Landscape Architect and former Vice President of Operations for one of the nation’s largest production home builders. Mark’s combined areas of experience include an extensive background in:
- Zoning and Land Use Entitlements for Residential and Commercial Development
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial and Residential Permitting, Development, and Construction
- Creation of Governing Homeowner and Commercial Owner Association Documents
- Complex Business, Corporate, and Construction Litigation
Mark is a member of the Development Advisory Board to the Orange County Board of County Commissioners, where he and his fellow Board Members review proposed Orange County land development regulations affecting development and recommend needed changes or revisions to the Board of County Commissioners.
Mark is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Greater Orlando Business Network and has also served as Past President. He is the Past Chairman of the Federal Emergency Management Association Legal Assistance Program of the Broward County Bar Association, Past Chairman of the Ft. Lauderdale Community Appearance Board, and Past Chairman of the Ft. Lauderdale Unsafe Structures and Housing Appeals Board.
He has several published articles and treatises in the areas of title insurance, commercial real estate financing, real estate transactions, and has been a featured speaker at Continuing Legal Education seminars in the areas of title insurance, commercial real estate financing, and land surveying.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, cum laude, 1981
- State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, B.S., Environmental Sciences, emphasis in Civil Engineering, cum laude, 1980
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Orange County Development Advisory Board
- Past President and former member of the Board, Greater Orlando Business Network
- Past Chairman, Broward County Bar Association, Federal Emergency Management Association Legal Assistance Program
- Past Chairman, Ft. Lauderdale Unsafe Structures and Housing Appeals Board
Rate : $$$$