Mark I. Duedall is in the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor’s Rights group. Mr. Duedall represents various parties in restructuring matters, including acquirers, debtors, secured and mezzanine lenders, creditors’ committees, receivers, and other financial advisors. He has also handled traditional corporate matters such as acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, and finance transactions.
Previously, Mr. Duedall was a partner with another large international law firm. In addition, Mr. Duedall served as head of the Southeast Financial Restructuring Group with the investment bank Houlihan Lokey, where he represented clients in capital markets transactions, out-of-court restructurings, and distressed sales.
Mr. Duedall is also a contributing editor to Norton’s Bankruptcy Law and Practice, the leading treatise in his field; he is also a co-author of a new chapter in the Norton’s treatise entitled “Depositions,” forthcoming January 2016.
- Emory University, J.D., with distinction, 1994
- Florida State University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1991
- Delaware, 1995
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the Middle District of Georgia, the District of Delaware, and the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, the Middle District of Georgia, and the District of Delaware
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth District
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association – Member (2000 – present)
- Bench and Bar Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, N.D. Ga. – Member (2013 – present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Executive Board, Investment Banking Subcommittee (2010 – 2012)
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member (2001 – present)
- Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal Advisory Board (2003 – present)
Representative Experience :
- Headed the complete recapitalization and out-of-court restructuring of a major fragrance/cosmetics manufacturer with debts in excess of $225 million
- Headed the out-of-court restructuring of a major recreational boat manufacturer with debts in excess of $125 million
- Represented an international textile manufacturer in its successful bankruptcy restructuring of over $250 million in debt
- Headed the distressed sale of Premier Bank, a $300 million community bank headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida
- Represented the Receiver for International Estate Brokers, in the distressed sales of substantially all of its assets
- Negotiated and structured the bankruptcy sale of a publicly-traded plastics manufacturer for total consideration in excess of $140 million
- Represented the largest shareholder in a buyout and recapitalization for major food distributor
- Represented senior secured lenders in multiple distressed engagements resulting in payment in full after expedited sales processes.
Rate : $$$