Mark Hanna has more than 28 years of experience as a litigator. Mark’s practice focuses on government and municipal liability, maritime and oil and gas, insurance defense litigation, and commercial/construction litigation. He is also skilled in handling toxic tort and asbestos cases.
He has represented national insurers, construction and commercial-related businesses, and oil and gas companies as well as governmental entities. As supported by the peer honors he has received, including Super Lawyers and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Mark has developed a reputation as one of the top attorneys in civil litigation, municipal law and alternative dispute resolution.
Mark is known for being driven to achieve the goals of his clients. “A lot of success in the law is being more prepared than the other guy. I am persuasive in crafting arguments, and knowledgeable about statutory law and jurisprudence that is advantageous to the position of my client. This greatly increases the chance of a favorable outcome no matter how challenging the case.”
He has been both lead counsel and second chair counsel in trials in state and federal courts and has argued appeals in the Louisiana Supreme Court; First, Second, Fourth, and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeal, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. He has also participated in dozens of mediations.
Mark is active with the Defense Research Institute. He is currently a member of the Governmental Liability Committee, and previously served as the program chair for the Civil Rights and Governmental Tort Liability Seminar.
He routinely lectures at Continuing Legal Education Seminars for the insurance industry and to the Louisiana Public Risk Managers Association, and has been a judge and mediator at ABA mediation competitions for law students.
- Tulane University Law School (J.D. 1988)
- Creighton University (B.A. 1985)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Defense Research Institute, Member of Governmental Liability Committee (Program Chair, 2017; Program Vice Chair, 2015-2016; Membership Chair, 2011-2013)
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Member (Past Member, Development Committee)
Rate : $$$