Mark L. Elliott handles highly complex real estate transactions for sophisticated clients and understands the dynamics of real estate matters from every angle. In tough negotiations, Mark effectively bridges the divide among parties to obtain an optimal outcome for his clients.
Real estate clients seeking effective, business-focused counsel repeatedly turn to Mark for his experience in office development, financing and leasing. Mark primarily represents developers, institutional and entrepreneurial owners, and landlords.
His clients include publicly traded real estate companies and active real estate developers, operators and investors. He also counsels national hotel franchisors and owners in hotel and lodging development and finance matters.
Mark’s work has been recognized in numerous publications, including Chambers USA, which notes that clients appreciate that “things always go smoothly” when Mark guides them.
Mark is a frequent speaker at real estate seminars, continuing legal education functions and symposiums, and he has been awarded the “Top Rated Faculty” award by CoreNet Global Learning. He is also a frequent contributor on real estate topics for the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Mark serves on the board of directors of the Midtown Alliance. He is also the past chairman of the City of Atlanta’s Neighborhood Planning Unit-B and is a graduate of, and was later the chairman of, “Leadership Buckhead.” Mark has served as the chairman of the Northside Youth Organization, the largest youth sports organization in the state of Georgia.
Representative Matters :
- Represents the owner of a 2.1-million-square-foot mature, class A office development in its project leasing work.
- Represents different public and private entities in their acquisitions of existing tenanted, “value-add opportunity” office buildings in Georgia.
- Represents a developer in build to suit and sale leaseback developments around the United States.
- Represents a national developer in urban, in-fill mixed-use developments throughout the Southeastern United States.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1977
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$$