Mark F. Williams practice includes all aspects of employee benefits, including both tax and ERISA issues that arise in connection with employee benefit plans for both large and small clients. Mark advises employers on the design of their qualified pension plans, including 401(k) and 403(b) plans.
Mark also designs and drafts nonqualified deferred compensation plans, such as Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans, and assures compliance with IRC Section 409 A, which governs nonqualified arrangements. Mark also has experience in structuring golden parachute, change in control arrangements.
Mark provides assistance to employers with COBRA and HIPAA issues affecting health plans. Mark is also a frequent lecturer on how the Affordable Care Act affects employer health plans and is assisting employers with compliance for their plans.
Before coming to Carmody, Mark worked for 19 years as in-house counsel at a major life insurance company where he advised on the benefit plans sponsored by the company, including 401(k), cash balance and welfare plans.
- Successful IRS and Department of Labor correction filings for pension and 403(b) plan
- Revision of Summary Plan Descriptions for union and salaried pension and 401(k) plans
- Drafted and reviewed investment policies for 401(k) plans
- Advised municipality on transition out of a defined benefit plan arrangement
- Assisted employers on compliance with the Affordable Care Act mandates
- Advised on ERISA fiduciary compliance for retirement programs
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor Section, Tax Section
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Board Member, Wood Memorial Library, South Windsor, Connecticut
- United Way of Greater Waterbury, Past Board Member
- Eastern Nazarene College, B.A., 1974 ~ magna cum laude
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Boston University School of Law, L.L.M., Tax, 1993
Rate : $$$$