Mark Flores is an experienced litigator who has represented clients in federal and state courts on a wide range of topics, including both civil and criminal litigation. He has served as lead counsel at the hearing, trial and appellate level on complex matters of all varieties, including election contests, defamation actions, and challenges to subpoenas.
Mark has appeared in court as part of a team seeking the enforcement of a non-compete clause and also has extensive experience with the Texas Citizens Participation Act otherwise known as the Texas Anti-SLAPP statute.
Mark began his legal career as a federal law clerk to the Hon. Joseph M. Hood in the Eastern District of Kentucky. He has also co-authored amicus briefs before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mark spent almost 10 years as a broadcast journalist. His final reporting job involved covering the state capitol of Kentucky during an ongoing investigation into the hiring practices of the administration. This helped Mark hone his investigative skills and also familiarized him with the open records process.
Mark became active in the American Bar Association during law school and remains very active in the ABA Section of Litigation and the ABA Forum on Communications Law.
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 2010
- Bachelor of Journalism, University of Texas, Austin, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, Cowtown Marathon
- Co-Chair, Training and Development Committee, ABA Forum on Communications Law, 2017-2018
- Member, Training and Development Committee, ABA Forum on Communications Law, 2011-2017
- Chair, Inaugural Diversity and Inclusion Summit, Kentucky Bar Association, 2015
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division Disaster Legal Services, Kentucky Bar Association, 2013-2014
- Member, Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee, Kentucky Bar Association, 2013-2016
Rate : $$$