Mark I. Fogel is a member of the Locke Lord’s Debt Finance and Corporate practices. Mark has represented a broad range of clients in numerous multi-creditor transactions across industries, both domestically and internationally.
He also has extensive experience in commercial financing and loan workout, representing various constituencies in connection with secured and unsecured commercial, industrial and real estate loans, including acquisitions and leveraged buyout transactions. He has represented clients in distressed loan purchases and dispositions of non-investment grade assets.
Before his return to the Firm, Mark was in the legal department of PNC Bank, National Association, where he responsible for providing legal services with respect to troubled commercial, industrial and real estate loans and the disposition of distressed commercial loans.
Mark was also an Assistant General Counsel for BankBoston, where, in addition to his legal practice, he became responsible for managing that bank’s external legal expense. Mark was a Managing Director for FleetBoston Financial Group, where he was involved in international business development and strategy.
Representative Experience :
- Represented an agent bank providing Chapter 11 DIP financing to a group of companies in the plastic film/packaging industry.
- Represented an agent bank in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a technology company.
- Represented an agent bank in a syndicated loan to finance the acquisition of a retail company.
- Represented an agent bank in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a specialty finance company.
- Represented sponsor-owned companies in the restructuring of debt outside of bankruptcy.
- Represented an agent lender in the restructuring of a syndicated loan to a commercial defeasance company.
- Represented non-bank lenders in numerous complex recapitalization transactions involving the conversion of debt to equity, including “loan-to-own” scenarios.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 1981
- B.A., Brandeis University, 1977
Admissions : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$