Mark P. Gimbel is a litigation partner based in New York and a co-chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on complex business litigation, including securities litigation, transactional disputes, and other complex commercial cases. Mr. Gimbel has tried cases in state and federal court and before various arbitral tribunals.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1998
- Yale University, B.A., 1993
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Jed S. Rakoff, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1998 – 1999
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Representative Matters :
- Representation of issuers including Braskem, Illumina, and Resource Capital in securities class actions.
- Representation of current and former officers and directors of companies including Illumina, Penn West Petroleum Ltd., and SandRidge Energy, in shareholder litigation, including securities class actions and shareholder derivative cases.
- Representation of a Global 50 bank and its US subsidiary in disputes concerning assets frozen pursuant to US sanctions regulations.
- Representation of underwriters including UBS, Jefferies, and Cantor Fitzgerald in securities litigation.
Pro Bono :
- Representation of a large non-profit organization in a pro bono internal investigation.
- Representation of asylum applicants in administrative and appellate proceedings.
Rate : $$$